Join me for the bone building, balance and butt course!
In this class we won’t be flexing the spine, loading the spine into flexion, and flexing and rotating the spine.
This class focuses on building bone density. We start losing bone density from the age of 30, and after menopause this loss increases again! Now is the time to build bone density before you are 60 or 70, but if you are 80 we can still build your bone density! More important for females, but men need to build bone too.
We will improve your posture, work your glutes and extend your spine! Bones respond to exercise, they actually become a little thicker. This is Wolff’s law.
“Wolff’s law, developed by the German anatomist and surgeon Julius Wolff (1836–1902) in the 19th century, states that bone in a healthy person or animal will adapt to the loads under which it is placed. If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading. The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone, perhaps becoming thicker as a result.”
You need this!
- Repertoire Class 1 – Plus Compression Fractures
- Exercise Fact Sheet
- muscle wasting
- Repertoire Class 2 – Plus Hip Fractures
- RACGP Osteoporosis Summary Guidelines
- review 2
- Repertoire Class 3 – Standard Mat Class with Modifications
- Medical guide
- Review 3
- Repertoire Class 4
- AMS New Directions in Women’s Health
- Repertoire Class 5
- Axial Elongation, Balance & Load Bearing
- Repertoire Class 6
- Musculoskeletal Fact Sheet – Osteoporosis by Australian Institute of Health & Welfare
- Repertoire Class 7
- Repertoire Class 8
0.00 average based on 0 ratings